Already own your own home? We could save you thousands of dollars on your mortgage.
It’s amazing how a small tweak can save you thousands, or even tens of thousands, of dollars over the term of your mortgage.
When you first purchased you may have been forced to go with a particular bank. Maybe your income has changed or you’ve had a baby. Or you’re dreaming of using some of the equity in your house to do some renovations.
Whatever your situation, now you’re a couple of years on, it’s time to reassess.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you happy with the bank you are with?
- Do they offer all the mortgage products you need to pay down your mortgage quickly?
- Have you reviewed your mortgage in the last 2 years?
That’s where we come in.
- Assess your current structure and situation
- Consider what the other banks provide
- Provide specific advice on the best mortgage structure and bank for you
- Manage any changes to your mortgage as a result of the review.
If you’re looking to refix your current mortgage we can help you negotiate the best deal with your bank. Click here for more information.
Our mortgage brokers can help you…
- Save money on interest rates
- Find the best bank for you
- Pay your mortgage down more quickly
- Upgrade your home
and much more!
Not sure whether now’s the right time?
Even if you’ve got fixed mortgage rates, we can review your mortgage at no cost and see whether a complete change is right for you. There’s no cost and no contracts. If we help you into a better financial position, we’re paid by the banks.
Almost all Mortgage Lab services are at no direct cost to you as our brokers get paid a commission by the banks and other lenders when a mortgage is finalised or refixed.
The exceptions to this:
- If a mortgage is paid off or discharged within 27 months, a fee may be incurred. See our FAQ: What if I sell my home or refinance my mortgage shortly after using a mortgage broker?
- Finance companies may require a fee to be added to the loan rather than paying us a commission. You’ll always be made aware of these fees long before they are locked in.
- If, following the service provided by the adviser, you elect not to continue engaging Mortgage Lab to settle the mortgage or finalise the insurance product, the adviser may charge you an hourly rate of $250 for the work provided. The maximum charge we will invoice for is $2,500.
The commissions paid are below. These commissions are accurate at the time of writing – 15th March 2021
|Sovereign Home Loans||0.60%||0.20%||N/a|
|ASAP Finance Limited||Fee Charged||N/a||N/a|
|Avanti Finance||Up to 0.80%||N/a||N/a|
|BlueStone||0.90% + 0.30% (after 18 & 24 months)||N/a||N/a|
|First Mortgage Trust||Fee Charged||N/a||N/a|
|Heartland Bank (Reverse Mortgage)||1.50%||N/a||N/a|
|NZCU (Personal Loans)||1.00%||N/a||N/a|
|Southern Cross||Fee Charged||N/a||N/a|
|The Co-operative Bank||0.70%||N/A||$150|
From time to time we may receive additional referral payments from our business partners. Some advisers may receive payments for referring mortgages, Life and Health insurance, KiwiSaver, currency exchange or Fire and General insurance. Mortgage Lab and the advisers do a significant amount of due diligence to make sure that all referrals are to companies of the highest quality and compliance standards. The decision to refer to a partnering business is based on quality service first and the payment received second.
This is called bridging finance. It can get a little expensive but is possible if you have enough equity in your current home. Generally, if the total of your current mortgage + the new purchase = less than 80% of both properties it is achievable. You would need to commit to selling your current property within 6 months.
What Past Clients Say…
Why Choose Us?
Because when it comes to your first home, you deserve the very best…
We act quickly to reduce the hassle and hold-ups of the financial approval process
We’re highly experienced and trained to help you through the mortgage approval process
We’re here for you and we genuinely care about helping make your dream a reality
Want to Make a Loan Comparison?
Use our calculator below to compare two loans together by changing interest rates, structure types and more.
In This Book You’ll Learn:
The Investment basics every property investor needs to know
How to easily calculate the most important numbers in your head
Who you need in your investment team
What you’ll need to get a mortgage
Send us a message:
Get in touch with Mortgage Lab. Simply send us a message via the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.